Tuesday 22 January 2013

Bartimaeus's Journal|| New Addition by Jonathan Stroud


     
 Bartimaeus- one of the best books ever written, not only in my opinion but of millions, just a look at its incredible 4.36 rating at Goodreads. One which leaves one with an unexplainable, simply overpowering desire for more and more......and more!In order to sate, to an extent, the craving for more material about Bart, Jonathan Stroud has shared Bart's Journal with us on his blog. Read part of the journal below.






As part of my current charge I have been instructed to provide an occasional journal of my recent activities*. Since my most trivial thoughts are suffused with rare insight and the ringing clarity of true wisdom, this is a good deal for you. So here we go, then. Listen and be enlightened.
 (*I avoid the term blog, since coincidentally this word is also the name of a repulsive sub-caste of foliots, characterised by ooze, fleshy folds and gills of blue-grey gristle. Think slugs, but with worse personalities. Magicians send them to harass their enemies in their sleep; after a night of tormented dreams, the sleeper wakes to find his bed-clothes crossed with trails of slime… Where was I? Oh, yes – this being the case, I'll stick with journal if you don't mind.)
.
*I'm not one for exact timekeeping, since (a) time doesn't exist in the Other Place, (b) I'm never sure whether to use the Gregorian, Julian, Egyptian or Mayan calendars. So don't expect exact days or months. Or centuries, for that matter.
Monday*
In Other Place. Did nothing.


Tuesday
Ditto.


Wednesday
Yep, same again. Saw a few nice whirling colours and things. That's it. Easy, this journal lark, isn't it?


Thursday
Still nothing. Long may it continue.

*Dangerous because any verbal hiccup while giving me my orders would break my bonds and uncage my savage wrath. Ooh, gave myself a bit of a shiver writing that. That's literary talent.
Friday
Well, it didn't. Today summoned painfully to earth by a short fat English magician with a dangerous stammer*. She's got some kid sidekick (in adjacent circle) to do her talking for her; a wise precaution. Through him I got my orders. She fears attack by her rival, the so-called 'Archmage of Tunbridge Wells'. I am to guard my master's property and her person. Am currently....read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...